Monday, June 13, 2005

TailGating ???

...I just don't understand it...What is the fun, in TailGating. When I go to "Brewers" games or give extra tickets to friends they all ask if I'm going to tailgate...I Quip back "NO"!!! Maybe I'm missing something because there are a lot of people doing it, so, this is the way I see "TailGating" then please let me know what is "Fun" about it. First of all, you packup your grill and charcoal and lighter fluid...then your hamburgers and hot dogs and bratwurst...and your potato salad and chips and dips and your condiments, catsup and mustard and relish and pickles and onions, then your buns, and of course beer and soda...do I have it all...I don't know since I don't do this...Now that you have it all in your car...you drive to the stadium...then you "unpack" everything...set everything up...cook your chosen "goodies"...then you know what happens next...that's right...you have to "pack" it all up again and load it into your car again...and still your not done with this "Fun" activity...you go to the game...eat and drink some more inside the stadium...while watching the game...then guess what??? After the game you drive home and "unpack" all that "crap" for the 4th time.
FUN TIMES INDEED !!! I'll take a concession stand any day !!!

4 comments:

J C said...

I think it's more for the camararaderie than anything else. It's one of those things you either like right away or think is just too much trouble for whatever satisfaction you might get out of it. Like inviting a stranger to dinner.

Donna and I do basically the same thing when we pack up our musical equipment, go to a jam session and unpack it all, sing a song apiece in three hours time, eat a pot luck lunch, pack everything back up and take it back home and unpack it. Then do it all over again the next time.

Christopher said...

I am with you on the Tail gating thing. But maybe with a friend or too who knows. I have never done it.

Stratu said...

Your American brand of tailgating, however stupid you may think it is, is certainly a friendlier activity than our Australian version, in which some insane bastard drives along at great speed mere inches behind another motorist, the intent of which means, "GET THE HELL INTO THE OTHER LANE YOU SUB-LIGHTSPEED-TRAVELLING SONOFABITCH!"

Christopher said...

Hi BixBloc,

Went to a Baseball game today (the 4th of July). Outdoor baseball is great!

take care
gangsta rapper Farmer Chris