Saturday, May 21, 2005

...as promised...

...here is the first example of something I have made from wood...I chose this first because my friend "Lor" has just completed her training and has passed her tests to legally operate an internal combustion single track vehicle that she had purchased on E-Bay and had shipped from Oregon...yes it's a motorcycle...and it's a Harley too! ...Even though I am worried about her safety, I hope she has fun with it.

...it is made from mostly Basswood, the handlebars were made with a copper grounding wire, I started out handcarving it with carving knifes, but ended up carving my hands also, so I switched to power carving and found myself more proficient that way. I did not come up with the pattern on my own...so I have to thank...Cleve Taylor, and his book "Carving Motorcycle Riders". This was so much fun that I altered the plans and came up with a second version in which I will post at a later date. This "Chopper" now resides in the home of my friend, Marv Zarate, alias (pumpkin head), hope he enjoys it as much as I did building it.

4 comments:

Christopher said...

Damn, that is good!

I will have to admit you surprised me thier. I was thinking the usual wood things. you got some talent. Looking forward to the next Pic.

Power carving tools?

J C said...

That is good! I didn't know people were still carving things out of wood. I thought I was the last one left who did that. Kudos! Here's a little something I carved the other day. It was fun.

http://www.concordesst.com/pictures/gboag_home.jpg

J C said...

Just kidding! 'chuckle'

Christopher said...

still checking my friend Bixbloc everyday. looking forward to your next creation.