Friday, May 06, 2005

Explanations.......

Since I don't have much of a profile listed, I thought I'd share with you the reasoning behind the name of my Blog Title..."Splintered Crossconnects"...second part first,
...Crossconnects...
I work in the Telecommunications Department at a large hospital in Milwaukee, Wisconsin... and a smaller hospital in Cudahy, Wisconsin...and to get the dial tone from the "phone switch" to the "phone user"...there are a series of wire connections that enable the dial tone to reach the phone...these are called "crossconnects"...so that's pretty simple, and the devices that we "connect" these wires to are called "Bix Blocks"...so now you know where I got my profile name (BixBloc) from...on to the first part ...
...Splintered...
I don't know why, but I've always liked this word...maybe it's a little like I think, broken thoughts off in all directions, that's reason # 1. I thought it was a natural for the name of a blog, because these are often short random thoughts, that's reason # 2. The main reason is I love to work with wood...I used to be a carpenter, roughing in houses at one time, and partnered with a friend to start our own Remodeling Company...and in my spare time making "things" out of wood, in which I plan to share with you in Future Posts.
" So now you know the rest of the story"
...sorry Paul...

3 comments:

Christopher said...

Being about as Cyber savey as a chimp I just figured it was something Technical, well I was half right anyways Cool name it says a lot about you now that you have explained it. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

Christopher said...

Hey you,

I was looking at my comment and had a thought. SaveyCyberchimp would be a great blog name. Ok maybe not.

J C said...

Thank you so much for your explanation. I know it will make my own existence much easier to justify. Especially the splinter part. Jim