Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Dead Birds


...as I was walking between the "Main"
hospital and the "POB", (Professional Office Building), the enclosed walkway, known as the "Skywalk",
is 3 Stories up, and has a glass wall facing to the east. It is a long walk,probably 3 blocks long...
...out of the corner of my eye, I see something
rocket downward, so close to the glass and the side of the building, it couldn't have been anything other than a bird...
So, I'm Thinking... How come you don't see birds falling from the sky...do birds have
Heart-Attacks? You would think so, isn't flying strenuous? There are billions of birds and
none of them die while flying? The only ones I see that fall from the sky are the ones shot
by hunters. Does a bird know when it's going to die, so it doesn't fly? Do you think they
are that smart? ...Come to think of it...shouldn't we see alot more traffic accidents caused
by Heart-Attacks, I can't say I've ever heard of that, as a cause of an accident, maybe I'm
wrong. ...See I told you it was a Long Walk...

5 comments:

Christopher said...

Hey BixBloc,

Funny you should say that. My friend Elvis watched a duck fly over the bridge he was working on then suddenly fall from the sky into the river. the duck then floated down past the bridge dead feet straight up in the air. We think it had a heart attack because there was no hunting going on in the city. Wierd huh.

Hey good to hear from you.

Stratu said...

when i worked for the telephone company (a linesman for the county!) one day I was busy with the wires in front of a house. i heard a sound in the grass behind me, in the front yard, and looked around quickly to see feathers flap for a second then stop. it was a pigeon and there was blood on its throat. it had fallen out of the sky. a man came out of the house so i went over and inspected the bird with him. i asked him what the hell happened to it and he said it was probably a sulphur-crested cockatoo - those birds often attacked pigeons in flight, some kind of sport for them.

Ca... said...

I really don't know why I want to post this comment:
Think how different birds are. 'How different are they?' you ask.
Even the ones which are the same are different. For instance, you will never read:
"Once upon a midnight dreary, as I pondered, weak and weary over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore; As I sat there nearly napping, suddenly there came a rapping, as of someone gently tapping, tapping on my chamber door: 'Tis some visitor, I muttered, tapping on my chamber door, some late visitor, I muttered, tapping on my chamber door; only this and nothing more'...quoth the crow,"Nevermore"...

See what I mean...

Ca... said...

Where are you?

Stratu said...

Yeah dude, it's time to make another post. Come on. For real. You must have something. Anything.
Bring it, punk.