Monday, October 17, 2005

Chopper #2






...this is my second edition Chopper...it is similar to Chopper #1, but has added features:
...Like real mirrors on the handlebars, that you can see in the second picture, and a crystal bezel for the headlight. The exhaust pipe is made of copper tubing flared out at the end, and the seat was finished with a paint that "wrinkles" while it dries. The gas tank was made with polymer clay...you form it into the shape you want then "cook" it in the oven to harden it. I then carved the groove and filled with it yellow clay and "cooked" it again, then you sand it like crazy to get it as smooth as glass, it's the first time I tried this, and it came out nicely.
I especially like the way the rear fender and wheel came out...After completion I presented it to my friend and co-worker: Brent Mitchell,
who I'm told displays it proudly on his mantle shelf at home.

(Double-Click the Picture to get a Close-up view)

2 comments:

Christopher said...

Pretty Cool Bix Bloc.

That polymer clay sounds interesting and a lot of work.

Stratu said...

Awesome hog, dude. But where do you put your feet?